Space is limited, Sign up today!
We are thrilled to introduce MOUSE Maker Nights, a periodic hands-on night of creativity, making, and building hosted here at MOUSE HQ! Find all the details and RSVP here today!
MOUSE Maker Nights are FREE for all NYC high school students, so bring your friends, brothers, sisters, cousins, frenemies who are maybe actually awesome deep down, classmates, teammates, and more!
At Maker Nights, you will...
- Have the chance to tinker, make, and build with things like pipe cleaners, Arduinos, clay, breadboards, LEDs and sensors, MakerBot 3D printers, laptops, motors, hot glue guns, soldering equipment, craft supplies, and more!
- Get to work on a school project you bring with you, plan and create something you've always wanted to make, come up with an idea so crazy it just might work, or just explore new tools and crafts!
- Eat delicious snacks!
- Meet awesome teens from across NYC who are part of the Maker movement! And maybe you'll even...
- Start a project that you'll end up bringing to Emoti-Con!
What you need to know to attend:
WHEN: The first Maker Night is coming up on Thursday, March 26, from 4-6pm.
WHERE: MOUSE Headquarters: 55 Broad Street, 16th floor, in Manhattan.
WHO: MOUSE Maker Nights are open to all NYC high school students! However, space is limited, so you have to...
RSVP: Sign up today!
WHAT ELSE? MOUSE will provide all the materials...including snacks. :-)
If you need more games in your Spring Break you're in luck, register for Spring PlayTech Saturday on April 11th!
Parsons the New School for Design hosts PlayTech Saturday twice a year, and it's always amazing! This semester's PlayTech will take place on April 11th.
At PlayTech, you will:
- Play brand-new video games, board games, card games, and more!
- Talk to the game designers who made these games--they want to hear what YOU have to say about their games and how to make them better!
- Learn more about studying game design and careers in game design!
- Eat free pizza!!!
WHEN: Saturday, April 11th from 1-3pm
WHERE: Parsons - 6 E. 16th Street, 12th floor in Manhattan.
WHAT ELSE? FREE PIZZA will be served at 1pm, and MOUSE will provide roundtrip MetroCards for all MOUSE Squad students who attend.
QUESTIONS? Contact Alex at email@example.com.
REGISTER HERE Click here to reserve your space. Everyone is welcome to attend so bring your sisters, brothers, and friends!
COORDINATORS: We assume that any student coming with you has turned in a signed permission slip.
Emoti-Con NYC is a digital media and technology fair, competition, and party for NYC middle school- and high school-aged youth. If you've ever wondered what it might be like for your MOUSE Squad to bring a project to Emoti-Con, then PREmoti-Con is the event for you!
PREmoti-Con will be a meet-up and information session for educators and youth who may be interested in presenting a project at Emoti-Con this year.
At this meet-up, we will:
- Share exciting information about this year's event!
- Discuss how to get prepared to present your projects at Emoti-Con!
- Answer all your questions!
- Meet & greet with members of the Design Fellows, Emoti-Con's amazing teen team!
- Mix & mingle with youth and adult makers from schools and youth organizations across NYC!
WHEN: Monday, March 16 from 4-5:30pm
WHERE: Urban Arts Partnership: 21 Howard Street #5, New York, NY
RSVP: MOUSE Squad Coordinators are welcome to come alone or to bring Squad Members. Either way, RSVP here.
The 7th annual Emoti-Con NYC Youth Digital Media & Technology Challenge will be held on Saturday, May 30 from 11-4:30 at the Bartos Forum (located in the Bryant Park NYPL).
At Emoti-Con, youth will: Network with peers and learn about other exciting informal learning opportunities across the city; present their projects, get inspired by others, and network with industry professionals; take part in fun design challenges; hear from amazing Emoti-Con Keynotes - professional game designers, makers and social entrepreneurs from all corners of the media and technology industry; participate in the Emoti-Con Challenge, which awards prizes in multiple categories including Most Innovative, Most Potential for Social Impact, Most Entertaining and Best Pitch; and have a chance to earn digital badges, and valuable feedback on their work!